Acting Chief Commissioner Khunan Jargalsaikhan, Commissioners Munkhzul Khurelbaatar, Sunjid Dugar and Narantuya Ganbat of the NHRCM held meeting with T.Enkhbayar, Secretary and Director of the Secretariat of the National Committee on Gender Equality.
Parties have been cooperating to intensify the implementation of the Law on Promotion of Gender Equality. During the meeting, it was agreed to continue their activities, consolidate their understanding and cooperate at an advanced level as follows:
- Cooperation in the field of prevention, protection and complaint-handling of sexual harassment at workplace, as set out in the Law on Promotion of Gender Equality 2011;
- Inclusion of representative from the NCGE in complaint-handling procedure of gender-based discrimination, sexual harassment and other complaints submitted to the NHRCM;
- Identify ways to collaborate effectively on the issues of employment discrimination, especially the right to work of women of childbearing age;
- Ensure bilateral participation in human rights and gender-sensitive awareness raising training, advocacy activities for government principals, officials and civil servants;
- Ensure continuation of biennial chapter on the implementation of the Law on Promotion of Gender Equality within the status report on human rights and freedoms of the NHRCM.
The meeting was attended by Ch.Altangerel, Director of the Secretariat of the NHRCM, S.Battsetseg, Head of the Sustainable Development Policy Division, B. Dolgor, national gender expert, and L. Munkhtulga, social partnership and cooperation specialist of the NCGE.